Monday, November 13, 2006

Time and Time Again

Does it ever seem to you that I'm obsessed with time? I'm not, you know.

The clock that I can see when I'm sitting at my computer has lost time again. I don't know what it does with it. Where it goes. I do hope that it's not my time it's wasting.

I put a new battery in the clock a few weeks ago. At least I thought it was a new battery. Maybe it was old. Not used, just old and tired. Past it's prime. Time had passed it by.

I know there is a clock on my computer and all I have to do is glance down and to the right to know what time it is, but I prefer to look up and check the time on a "real" clock. No matter that the clock is 15 minutes slow.

I know the clock is off, but when I look at it, something tells me it's "The Clock" so the time must be right and I have 15 minutes more than I really do. That's why I'm sitting here typing this nonsense when I should be getting ready to go to work.

No comments: