Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Butcher, the Baker, the Candlestick Maker

Guess who's visiting my house tonight?

Fates have conspired against me this week to keep me from getting to the grocery store to buy food suitable for my take-to-work lunches. Whatever I fix has to be fast and easy with minimal prep and clean-up - here in my kitchen and there at work.

Since I didn't have anything in the house that fit those requirements, I've had to go out every day and get it. I managed to keep the cost under $10 a day, but it still adds up and I get tired of deciding where to go everyday.

So tonight I decided to make Dilly Casserole Bread for tomorrow. It will be great with a little cheese, maybe some carrot sticks, and fruit.

That is, if I don't eat it all tonight. It's almost ready to put in the oven, and my mouth is already salivating in anticipation of the fresh-baked-bread odors that are going to be wafting through this apartment soon.

Dill and onion and fresh baked bread. Don't you wish you were here with the Baker?

No comments: