Friday, April 13, 2007

Snowitsnot

I know it seems that I complain about the weather a lot, but sometimes I'm really complaining about metrologists. Have you noticed that the more sophisticated the equipment gets, the worse their accuracy is?

I was suppose to take today off work, but yesterday was wet, cold, and windy. A nasty spring day. Neither spring nor winter. So I checked the forecast for today and when it predicted cool weather under cloudy skies I changed my day off to Monday.

"More clouds than sun" That what it said.

Wrong, wrong, wrong! My little toe that I broke in 1982 does a better job than that cracked crystal ball used by the so-called modern weather forecasters.

It wasn't overly warm today, but it wasn't windy and the sun shone all day. In other words, it was nice out.

This is a warning - I'm not an educated meterologist, but since I an off work Monday, I'm going to predict either tornados, sleet, or a half foot of snow. Probably all three.

This is how my toe looked when I broke it, but this isn't my foot.

No comments: