Sunday, April 22, 2007

I think I need my hearing checked.

The other day I was in the kitchen and I thought I heard somebody knock on the door, but my hands were full so I couldn't run to see who it was and then I heard somebody knock on a door on TV and decided that was what I heard. Later, when I went out the next day I found a note from the postman that he had tried to deliver a package.

Yesterday, I was fixing lunch and I set something in the microwave while I washed a few dishes. When I finished the dishes, the microwave still had almost 3 minutes on it so I went in to watch TV. Before I could get sat down, I heard the microwave go off. "My goodness," I thought. That was a short three minutes or I got lost on the way to the couch." I went back to the kitchen and found 1 minute and 46 seconds was left on the microwave timer. I stood there confused (more confused than usual) when I recalled hearing a guy on TV say, "I know how to microwave popcorn".

"Oh, " I said to myself, "My lunch isn't ready - his popcorn is done!"

So I discovered several important things about myself recently:

  1. I can hear, I just don't know what I'm hearing.
  2. I should cook and watch TV in different rooms at the same time.
  3. I should stop talking to myself.

Still crazy after all these years.

No comments: