Thursday, April 19, 2007

Who't to blame for the world of the state today?

I fell asleep watching TV last night so I went to bed early. So I got up early. Now I'm going to be grumpy all day. Well, more grumpy than usual anyway. If Indiana hadn't switched to Daylight Saving Time there would be time for me to go back to bed and get a little more sleep, but we did so there isn't.

I can hear a bird singing outside the window. It's not dawn yet by Daylight Saving Time, but nobody told the birds. When you hear somebody express the opinion that DST is "for the birds", tell them they're wrong. The birds won't accept it.

Did you see gas prices had gone up again? You can blame that on DST too. You know they moved the start of DST up 4 weeks this year to save more energy? Well, we used more energy that month and in previous years so we caused a shortage of gas and the price went up.

Since the price of gas went up, you can bet the cost of groceries will go up, too. The next thing you know I won't be able to sleep because I'll be worried about the cost of everything going up twice as fast as my salary.

And you can blame it all on Daylight Saving Time.

No comments: