Sunday, October 14, 2007

Life - can't live without it

Life is perverse sometimes.

For example, despite growing up a Hoosier, I can't make good chicken and noodles. There's always too much broth. Last week I fixed homemade chicken noodle soup and there wasn't any broth.

For another example, the autumn temperature this year has been close to 90 degrees. Except for this week, when it plummeted 30 degrees. This week I got my birthday coupon for free ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. This week it's too cold for ice cream.

And another: I looked all summer for plastic glasses and found some on sale at Kroger's in August. They were about $2.00 apiece, but had been $6 so I thought "What a bargain!" and bought 2. A week later, I found other glasses on sale at the same store for a quarter. Yes, just one quarter, 25 cents, two bits. So I got two; I would have got four but I just bought the other two.

The $2 glasses are already showing signs of crazing, the quarter glasses - still looking good.

And another, well I can't think of another one that I want to share with you right now so think up your own.

No comments: