Friday, February 06, 2009

I'm back!

Did you miss me?

I returned from a businees trip to Illinois yesterday. Not a successful trip. One of the participants became ill so the meeting was postponed and I have to return on Monday. Sigh. Big, big sigh.

Notes from my trip:

I'm not much of a traveler. I was about 15 minutes from home and realized I was already bored and still had 3 1/2 hours to go. As I've mentioned before, driving isn't as fun as it used to be when gas was 25 cents a gallon.

My butt's too big for a Mazda.

I think there's a law that says any hotel room I get has to be the farthest one from the elevator. Either that, or the hotel clerks look at me and go, "Hmmmm, she needs more exercise".

Why is it that the only hotels I've stayed at in the last 20 years that had Pepsi available were the ones where I remembered to take Pepsi with me?

Why do hotel heating systems make so much noise? And if it's not the heating system, it's the toilet.

Which reminds me, I was on-line checking the amenities of the hotel where I'm staying next week and was happy to see that it did have a toilet. (It makes me wonder if there are any hotels in American state capitals that don't have at least one.)

I want to thank my father for teaching me to follow directions. His directions were "If you want to go this way, then go that way. Sooner or later you'll get to where you're going." It may have taken a little longer than if I'd had a fancy GPS tool or even a city map, but I got home and never had to turn around and never stopped to ask for directions. Now that was fun.

No comments: