Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's not Thanksgiving, but give thanks anyway

I made Turkey Meatballs this week that were so good. Monday I served them with spaghetti and Tuesday I served them on a sub bun and that was so delicious I had a Turkey Meatball Sub again on Wednesday.

I checked out several recipes before I selected Low Fat Turkey Meatballs at Low Fat Cooking on About.com. Other recipes bragged about how savory they were, but I thought they seemed too complicated, called for too many ingredients, and/or used too many pots and pans.

Normally I steer away from "Low Fat" recipes because that usually means "Low Taste", but as I said these were good. Real good. I did spice them up a little with some chopped onion, garlic powder, and thyme. And I used Paul Newman's spaghetti sauce instead of plain tomatoes because I had an open jar of Paul Newman's spaghetti sauce and that's why I was making meatballs instead of meat loaf in the first place. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly except I used a whole egg instead of just an egg white because what do you do with one egg yolk?

No comments: