Sunday, May 17, 2009

The light's on, but nobody's home

The weirdest thing happened yesterday.

The light in my bedroom hasn't worked for a long time - I'm talking a couple of years. I thought the bulb had burned out because it hadn't been replaced in at least 10 years. I'm too short to reach the bulb to change it unless I buy a new ladder and it seemed stupid to buy a ladder just to reach a light bulb that lasts 10 years.

It's germane to this story for you to know that I usually keep that closet door open.

Last night I was watching TV in the bedroom and decided to go watch it in the living room so I turned the TV off which made it really dark in the bedroom but I have to get up at least once most nights (if you know what I mean) so I know my way around my bedroom in the dark. When I got to the living room, I changed my mind about watching TV in there so I turned around to go back to the bedroom and could see a light there. It was bright enough it was casting shadows out of the room. I didn't have any idea what it was because I knew it had been dark there a minute before, but I crept back into the room ready to turn on my heels and run screaming and yelling out the door if anything moved.

It's a good thing I'm not spooked easily because it was that closet light shining brightly!

Weird, huh?

No comments: