Saturday, October 17, 2009

I've been thinking

I was watching TV last week and somebody recommended that if you like mashed potatoes but don't want all the calories, you can substitute mashed cauliflower because it looks and tastes a lot like mashed potatoes. I'm thinking that if mashed cauliflower tastes like your mashed potatoes, you need a new recipe for mashed potatoes.

I've been thinking that some hot apple cider would taste pretty good. It's been about 20 degrees colder in Indiana than normal for this time of year and it's chilling me to the bones. You know, what? I don't think I'd say No to a piece of hot apple pie either. Do you like yours with cheese or ice cream? I'm an ice cream girl myself. I don't think cheese and apple pie really go together.

Do you know what tastes really good together? Raw apple slices and popcorn. Try it sometime, I think you'll like it.

I keep thinking I'm going to the Apple Store at Conner Prairie, but I only remember to think about it when I'm home and already been to where I was going and don't feel like going out again. It will probably close for the season before I remember to go.

Sometimes I like to ask my co-workers "What do you think?" and then I add "or do you bother to think at all?" So far, none of them have answered the second question.

Here's a fun thing to do when somebody says, "I've been thinking". Look surprised and ask, "Why, is it Tuesday?"

No comments: