Saturday, October 03, 2009

Let's chat

Happy birthday to my bother who's getting to be really, really old as opposed to me who's only medium old.

For my birthday (which is a week after his), I took a week off, as usual, starting today. As usual, those of you in my home state can expect rains, possibly late tornadoes, and/or snow this week. I don't care. I'm staying inside and rejoicing that I don't have to go the Dumbass company for over a week! Woo-hoo!

I already bought myself a birthday present. A course in Gaming for Teenagers - meaning how to program games on your computer, not how to game your parents out of a bigger allowance. I don't know what possessed me to buy it (except it was a "bargain"). I'll probably be so frustrated by the end of the first chapter, I'll throw it at the first teenager I see.

My co-worker is also on vacation this week. Remember the cranky pregnant lady I worked with? That's her, but she's no longer pregnant. She's going with her parents, her new baby, and 2 dogs to the next state over. Her dad has to go to a medical clinic there, and while they're in the area they will be visiting family. Wait, it gets worse. Her dad drives, the dogs sit in the passenger seat because one of them gets carsick, her mom and the baby ride in the middle row, and she gets to sit in the back. (I guess we know who's at the bottom of the pecking order in that family.)

Do you remember when I testified at a trial last February? I told you I took a trip, but I probably didn't tell you I testified while the trial was on-going, but that's what I did. Me and several other people that I used to work with testified for the prosectution. A few weeks ago the defendent was sentenced to 9 years in jail. Not only was he greedy, he was stupid. It's nice to know that sometimes stupid people eventually get what they deserve.

I finally rented a storage locker. It's small and overpriced and I haven't had a chance to move anything in yet. So earlier this week, I asked my landlord (again) if there was a garage available. The garages here are half the price of the storage locker and twice as big and I've been trying for 3 years to get one. Yesterday, I got a note to call about a garage so it looks like I might get one. Finally. After I rented a locker elsewhere.

OK, I'm done chatting. It's your turn now.

No comments: