Thursday, October 01, 2009

Mrytle

Did I tell you that the women's restroom on the 9th floor is haunted?

At my age, I'm lucky I can remember my name so if I've already told you this, just go away.

I call the haunt Myrtle. The poor thing comes out when you're in the restroom alone trying to do your business. She moans and grunts like she's constipated (hint: which means if it's you making those noises, you can always blame it on Myrtle) and she rattles the doors and dividers like she can't find a comfortable seat. The fancy faucets are suppose to turn on when you place your hands under them, but Mytle turns on the faucet over the left sink when you think you're alone, then she prevents the faucet on the right from coming on at all while you're standing there waving your soapy hands frantically under the tap.

We had a "new girl", Linda, start in the office today and when we visited the litte girls' room, as they say, somebody asked about the faucet turning on by itself and I explained that it was just Myrtle. Later in the afternoon, Linda came to me and whispered that she had just been to the restroom by herself - except for Myrtle and she wasn't going back in there.

No comments: