Friday, November 05, 2010

Excuse me!

Or as Steve Martin would say "Well, excuuuuuuuse me!"


Whatever happened to the phrase "Excuse me"?   Am I the only one left in the world that knows those two words?

Today at work getting on the elevator I smiled and said "excuse me" to a woman getting off the elevator that I almost ran over because she was talking to a friend and tarried awhile inside the elevator before disembarking so I didn't realize that she wanted off.  She just scrowled at me. 

Then when the elevator got to my floor, I said "excuse me" to a woman getting on the elevator as I was getting on and she was in such a hurry to get in that she blocked the exit with her fat butt so I could barely get out.  She just scrowled at me. 

So as I walked away I said "And excuse you, too".

I'm always saying that for rude shoppers who don't know how to articulate the words. 

Honestly, boys and girls, most shoppers will move aside if you just say "Excuse me" and then you won't have to reach around, over, and/or under them to reach a jar of pickles.

They may scrowl at you, but they'll probably move.

Especially if you accompany it with a hip check.

1 comment:

Devyn said...

I totally agree. What is wrong with people? Do they even know what manners and common courtesy are??