Thursday, January 06, 2011

His mother would have been so proud.

Have you heard the saying "Growing old isn't for sissies"?

I know what that means.  I have cold-induced asthma and this winter weather is killing me.  I swear I have to cross the coldest, windiest street in the city to get between my car and the office.  And our office is only 64 - 68 degrees depending on whether the sun is shining or not. 

This afternoon when I walked to my car it was snowing a little.  Ten years ago, before I developed the asthma, I would have enjoyed a little walk in the snow, but today moisture exacerbates the breathing problem so by the time I got in the car I was gasping for air.   Panting like a fat old lady.  Having a pity party for myself while I waited for my breathing to return to near normal so I could get back out of the car to clear the snow off my windows.

The gentleman in the car next to me was scraping the snow off his windows and when he finished his car, without a word or sign, he turned and cleared my windows. 

Wasn't that nice of him?

No comments: