Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Wagons, Ho!

I got a set of Wagon Train DVDs for Christmas - all of the seasons that were shown in color.  I have been watching them night and day.  Not continuously, just one or two with lunch and one or two after supper.  Since these are 90 minute shows and they were filmed before the length of commercials equaled (or exceeded) the show itself, sometimes the evening session goes to midnight. 

But I don't care.  They just don't make shows like that anymore. 

Rugged, honorable, good-looking leading men.  (I've developed a crush on Cooper Smith.)
A show that teaches good values without preaching. 
And the guest stars - so far I've seen Ronald Regan, Barbara Stanwick, both of Sabrina's husbands (from Bewitched), Peter Brown, Neville Brand, Annette Funicello, Ruta Lee, Rhonda Fleming, and on & on.  Some of the "stars" I've noticed weren't famous enough to get special billing when they appeared on the show.  I have noticed a dearth of talented guest stars on most of today's television shows.  I wonder why?

I have been off work 4 days for the New Year holidays, but today I have to go back to work.  I'm going to miss my cowboys today, but I'm looking forward to daydreaming. 

No comments: