Saturday, November 26, 2005

Brunch

I fixed breakfast this morning. I don’t often do that on Saturday because it’s usually noon before I’m ready to eat, and by noon, you might as well eat lunch. It was a good Saturday morning breakfast. Eggs, bacon, and banana streusel muffins.

While I was watching the bacon fry, my mind was hopping from topic to topic like a drop of water in hot grease. Thinking about my manager’s bacon wrapped stuffed peppers led me to Ron Popeil’s rotisserie to Popeil’s canned hair.

In case you’ve never seen it, canned hair is a product that you spray on bald spots on your head to fool prying eyes into thinking you have hair. I’ve never known anyone who actually uses the stuff, or at least that admits to using the stuff and reportedly it looks and feels like real hair.

I couldn’t help but wonder if it actually worked and if you would have brown dye running down your face if you got caught in the rain.

Then the smoke alarm went off. Nothing burned. It just had to announce to the neighbors that I was in the kitchen. As I was fanning the alarm with a tea towel, it occurred to me that I might want to apologize to my neighbors for disturbing the peace and quiet of a Saturday morning.

About that time, the timer went off for the muffins and I decided there was a time and place for apologizing and when you have hot muffins coming out of the oven is not the right time. Not unless you want to share. And I don’t.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been busy and those levftovers sound pretty good. I will not tell a soul where I got them...hint