Sunday, December 03, 2006

Let it snow, Let it snow, .....

somewhere else.

Winter came to Indiana this past week. It won't be "official" for a few more weeks, but, trust me, it's here. I used the tried and true method of sticking my head out the door - it was almost cold enough to freeze my ears off, so I know it's winter time.

The weather forecasters had predicted snow for a week. Last weekend, one would have thought that a blizzard was imminent this weekend from their dire warnings, but by Thursday night they had decreased the expected snow accumulation to only 1 inch. I watched a lot of forecasts Friday morning and one lone weather man (on Fox 59) predicted no snow while the others were still holding on to their forecast of snowflakes, albeit less than an inch by then.

There was no snow. Not in my county. We did get wind gusts that equaled tropical storms and brought down power lines and trees, but no snow. Unfortunately, the speed and strength of the winds was the only thing tropical we saw.

It's cold out there! But no snow.

I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm too old to appreciate the snow unless I can stay inside, sipping hot chocolate, while admiring winter's unique beauty. So I thank God for no snow while praying that He sheltered the people in the north and west that did have snow and ice up to their pants lines.

No comments: