Saturday, December 09, 2006

What time is it?

It's time to talk about my clock again. I bought brand new batteries and it still doesn't work so I have decided it's time to throw it away and buy a new clock.

I don't recall what year I bought that clock, but I remember why. My niece, Kristin, couldn't understand why I didn't have a clock.

"But, Aunt Martha, how do you know what time it is?" she asked.

"I don't need to know what time it is." I replied.

She couldn't understand why I didn't care what time it was. To be truthful, I can't remember what was happening in my life that made time so irrelevant to my living.

Maybe it was my living that was irrelevant to time.

Watch the seasonal favorite "It's a Wonderful Life", then ponder that question sometime between now and the new year. Let me know if you reach any conclusions or if it was just good for putting you to sleep quickly.

No comments: