Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

It's still quiet here even though the morning is almost over. Christmas carols are playing and the first stages of dinner preparation are completed so this is a good time to sit back and relax.

I just took the Persimmon Pudding out of the oven and it's resting on the counter, filling the whole place with an aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. The Dilly Bread is rising on top of a pan of hot water because it's a little chilly in here, even with all the baking. The turkey is waiting patiently to take it's turn in the oven. It knows that this afternoon it will be the star of the Christmas dinner. I made an Apple Mince Pie last night. It's so good. I know becaue I've already had a piece (I had to test it, didn't I?).
I first heard the following sone about 20, 30 years ago. Someone was trying to promote it as a new Christmas carol. I have rarely heard it between then and now, but this year I've heard it several times. The whole world should sing it this year.

LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH

Let there be peace on earth,
and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on Earth,
the peace that was meant to be.

With God as our Father,
brothers all are we,
Let me walk with my brother,
in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me,
let this be the moment now.
With every step I take,
let this be my solemn vow,

To take each moment and live each moment
in peace, eternally.
Let there be Peace on Earth,
and let it begin with me.

Words and music by Sy Miller and Jill Jackson 1955




HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS!

No comments: