Sunday, September 21, 2008

And the Emmy goes to ........

I'm watching the Emmy award show on television. Off and on. Mostly off.

I wonder if my parents and grandparents felt like me if they watched the Emmys when it first started. About the shows getting nominated. Never saw that show. Watched that show five minutes and it stank. Never saw that show. Never wanted to see that show. Wanted desparately to never see that show. What happened to all the good shows?

This is the 60th anniversary of the Emmys. I don't think TV has been around that long which just goes to show you how narcissistic television people actually are.

I did watch the memorial section about people in the biz who died this year. It evoked the usual comments - I didn't know she died! I didn't know he was still alive!

A couple of minutes ago they awarded the Emmy for --- Oh, excuse me. Tom Selleck is getting ready to award something and I want to watch this. I don't care what the award is or to whom - I just want to see Tom Selleck. Still looking good in or out of his Hawaaiian shirts.

OK, that's over - they're running out of time and "funny" little patter so they're cutting everybody short, sometimes very rudely.

Now, back to the "A couple of minutes ago they awarded the Emmy for" segment. They awarded an Emmy for the best "reality show" host. Of course, they ignored Phil from The Amazing Race. I get the feeling that Hollywood doesn't appreciate The Amazing Race the way America does. I think it's because there's not enough sex, nudity, back stabbing, and dumbness on TAR. Now sometimes TAR has really annoying contestants, but they detract from the show, they aren't the basis for the show, like say Big Brother or Survivor. Let America vote and TAR wins everytime.

It's over and time for the news. I hate award shows.

No comments: