Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ummmmm. Chocolate.

I want some chocolate covered potato chips. I have been wanting them for almost 3 weeks after having something chocolate and then a potato chip while watching TV and mindlessly snacking. The taste was surprisingly interesting.

One of the guys I work with overheard me telling me one of the gals I work with that I wanted some and he said he had them one year at a Christmas party and they were great. He thought the combination sounded weird till he had one.

But apparently you can't buy Chocolate Covered except at Christmas and by the time Christmas gets here I'll have forgotten all about them till after Christmas and then it will be too late until next Christmas

I could make them myself but that seems like a lot of work. Dipping one potato chip at a time into chocolate. I think I'd eat them faster than I could dip them.

I did look for recipes. The ingredients for one recipe included 24 chips and served 12. Yeah, right.

Here is the simplest recipe I found. I'm going to give it a try one of these days with a few potato chips and a few chocolate chips.

Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
From Dorothy McNett's Recipe book at http://www.dorothymcnett.com/.

potato chips
dark, sweet, or milk chocolate

1. Microwave the chocolate in a batter bowl on high for 1 minute. Stir.
2. Microwave another 20-30 seconds and then stir to melt.
3. Dip the chips and place on waxed paper to harden.

No comments: