Monday, December 08, 2008

A loaf of bread

I made bread this weekend. Not from a mix. Not from a refrigerated tube. Not in a breadmaker.

I made pumpkin bread with cream cheese filling and I made herb bread. They're edible but not prize winning, though I did notice that the house smelled pleasantly of pumpkin bread when I got home this evening.

I don't make bread very often anymore. When I was younger, and skinnier, I made homemade bread at least once a week. As my bread consumption went down, my weight went up. Just saying.

I learned several things doing the bread making process this weekend. Not the least of which was:

  1. Pumpkin bread tastes better on the second day.
  2. I have two sizes of bread pans - too small and too large.
  3. I should make bread more often before I forget how it's done.

No comments: