Saturday, August 22, 2009

Knock 3 times

Remember that old song "Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me"?

This morning I had to knock 3 times on the ceiling, but it wasn't because I wanted anybody. I just wanted the idiot upstairs to have a little common sense and respect for his neighbors.

At 5 o'clock, 5 A M on a Saturday morning mind you, the idiot started exercising or something. I don't really know what he/she is doing up there but I assume it's either jumping rope or some kind of exercise equipment. What ever, it sounds like it's coming through the ceiling. He/she frequently exercises on Saturday or Sunday morning and I usually ignore it or leave for a while. I try to be tolerant of my neighbors, even the weirdo's. Maybe especially the weirdo's.

But 5 o'clock on Saturday morning? Pul-leaze!

I tried to ignore it this morning but I couldn't get back to sleep so at 6 I got up and wandered into the living room. Then I could hear not just the exercising but the stereo. My eyes were half shut and I hadn't bothered to turn on any lights, but I found the broom and pounded on the ceiling 3 times. Instantly all the noise stopped. Now you know your neighbor knows he/she is in the wrong when it only takes 3 knocks to produce complete silence.

I don't know how she/he managed to stop what ever was making that noise and simultaneously turn off the stereo. I guess the exercise is paying off in speed and quick reflexes.

No comments: