Wednesday, May 25, 2011

All around the mulberry bush ....

Today I got suckered into a project some how some way.
  1. I have to give a presentation to the managers on what to do with a new zip code spreadsheet and database that we'll be getting soon.  I don't mind giving a presentation, but, really, how dumb can managers be that they can't figure out a list of zip codes?
  2. The IT guy, Dennie, needs to know where to put the database/table and he asked me.  I'm not on that committee so I don't know, but I suggested he ask the project manager, Kitty.  He suggested he wait till I found out for him.  I asked a manager that is on the committee to get the database  - she didn't know.  I asked a co-worker in another office that is on the committee to get the database - he didn't know, but suggested I ask Kitty who's the head of the committee. 
  3. Kitty hadn't answered the question I asked her yesterday about the zip codes so I didn't think there was any sense in asking her today's question, but I asked anyway.  Kitty thinks I'm stupid and I think she's a real Dumass kind of employee.  What do you think: I forwarded Dennie's email request for info to her and added a note "Dennie needs to know where to put the zip codes."  She replied "Dennie will put the zip codes where he wants to put them." 
  4. Ok.  So go back to # 2 and we'll start all over again tomorrow.


All around the Mulberry Bush,
The lady chased an answer.
She didn't think it was all that hard,
Pop! goes the weasel.

No comments: