Sunday, May 22, 2011

How Time Changes Things

--- when you're so busy living that you forget to pay attention to what's happening around you.

I went to visit an old friend today, somebody from my school days.  We ate barbecued spare ribs, and corn casserole, and apple salad, and we talked about family and friends and former instructors and about how getting old sucks.  Really sucks.  Then we ate Mrs. Wick's Sugar Cream Pie and I came home.

They live out in the country.  You take this interstate to there and then that interstate to a little dropping off place in the country then you go 4 miles east, 2 miles south, 1 mile west, 1 miles north, 3 miles east, a half a mile south and you're there.  Coming home you just reverse that except leave out the 2 middle turns because you shouldn't have made them in the first place.

I learned some things today. 
  1. That getting old is more sucky for some than for others.
  2. That I still can find my way around without a GPS.  (It might have been faster with a GPS but I got there eventually.)
  3. That some time in the last 40 years I stopped being a country girl.  That really hurts.

No comments: