Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What a Day!

Come to think of it maybe I should say, "What A Week!" and it's only Wednesday.  First, I had Monday and Tuesday off work.  That's always a good thing.

But I took my car to the dealership on Tuesday to get an oil change and Pat noticed I hadn't had any routine maintenance done lately so "we" changed the oil and all the fluid in the car and did an alignment which was probably a good thing the way I've been dodging pot holes all year.  So it cost about $500 for an oil change.

Then I went to work today, back at the good ol' Dumass Corporation.   I made a start on the emails, but then got called into a meeting less than 30 minutes into the day and about 15 minutes after it was out, I got called into another meeting where the IT guy explained that we think our computers run slow because they are.  (IT guys are always so helpful.)   As soon as that meeting was done, the woman who drives me to work had to go home so I had to leave with her, come home, and then drive myself back to work instead of having a lunch hour and I was back in the office less than 15 minutes before we had another meeting and after an hour I had to leave that meeting to go to another meeting. And when that was over, I tried to wade through some more emails.  So I was at work till 6:30 even though I got to work at 8:15 and I still didn't get any thing accomplished.

So Whew!  What a day!

No comments: