Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Searchers

They're doing something to the Target store down the street.  I don't like it when they re-model the stores where I shop regularly.  I don't want to have to put up with the confusion while they're doing it.  I don't want to have to wander around looking for stuff I won't be able to find.  Especially the parking lot.

The last time they re-modeled the grocery store, they hired somebody to go around and help you find where they'd hidden all the groceries.  If they'd put things in reasonable places, like where they were before the re-model, they wouldn't have needed her.  She was never there when we needed her anyway.  We old ladies had to help each other.  Never heard the phrase, "Where in hell did they put...?" from that many old ladies before.

When they converted my local K-Mart to a Sears and the clerks there would ask me "Can I help you find something?"  I wanted to respond, "Yes.  I'm looking for K-Mart."

They've changed Blogger.  I don't like it.  I can't find anything.  You'll be lucky if I find the button to publish this.

The highway I use to go to work will be under construction starting next week and for the next couple of years.  The congestion there is so bad now that some mornings traffic has to speed up just to go slow.  The street which I use to come home from work will be closed for 3 months the day after Memorial day.   I can't even find my way home.

1 comment:

Skip said...

I was expecting one or two references to John Wayne and Jeffery Hunter based on the title.

In our area, they seem to want to do these remodels just as soon as you figure out where they've hidden what you're looking for in stores.

Same with software - I still am getting used to MS Office 2010 and Windows 7.