Sunday, April 15, 2012

There goes my ship - again.

It seems like most of my life I've been waiting for something to happen.  I'm not sure what.  But something.

Occasionally I'll stir myself and make it happen, but for the most part I just wait.  Sometimes something happens, sometimes not.

I don't have much ambition.  I don't know if ambition is something you're taught or a skill you learn or a trait you're born with. 

Whatever, I think it passed me by.

So here I sit - in the middle of the country with no ocean or lake in site - just waiting for my ship to come in. 

It reminds me of a joke about the old man who was bemoaning his fate because opportunity never came knocking at his door.  His pity party was interrupted by a weary voice, "I knocked.  You just never got off your lazy butt and answered the door."

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I sometimes wonder if my ship will come in. Maybe it has and I just wasn't paying attention. :(

Mo said...

Hi, Shannon - You're still young - there should be another boat coming along any day now. I read your blog. It was funny. Sorta of because I didn't realize at first you were 2 people. You are, aren't you?

Shannon said...

There's two of us on the blog. Its a collaborative effort. "Toasterface" is my long time friend and he's two thousand miles away. I did get a sweet summer job being a house-sitter in Flagstaff, but I have to get my butt out there which is a problem as my van broke down. So I'm guessing the move is me waiting at the pier for "my ship".