Sunday, September 03, 2006

Grab your coat, Martha!

Labor day is tomorrow. Summer is waning and there is more than a hint of fall in the air despite it being 3 weeks until autumn actually arrives.

The days are getting so short that it's dark when I wake up and I don't know what time it is. That's partly because of the time of the year, partly because we have had overcast skies for at least a week, and mostly because of day light saving time which I still don't like.

Because it seems unseasonably cool to me, I checked some forecasts to see what was predicted for this fall and winter. I wish I hadn't. Cooler than normal temperatures through mid-September are predicted with recommendations for farmers to get their crops harvested before October or risk losing them. We can also expect early frosts, early snows, cold rainy weather, cold snowy weather, and cold icy weather.

Wait! I hear somebody calling me! Who's that? Florida? Florida wants me to move back there? Just let me pack my bags and I'm there.

No comments: