Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Return of Howie

I have had a mentally draining week. I'd give you details, but I have found that when you face a situation where you think you may have to eventually smack somebody up side the head, it's best not to record too many details about the conflict and pending resolution.

Because my brain muscles are more tired than usual, I have a guest writer today. Her name is Steph. She's not old like me, but she writes OK for a kid.

You all remember Howie? The spider?

He's alive....

At least that is what I thought last night when I was coming down the stairs at my house and there he sat. I said “Howie, did you come home with me…is that why we thought you got killed?” And he said…get this…”That’s a common misconception, I’m not Howie…I’m Herman (dramatic pause) …His evil twin brother.” Then I said…”Oh great now I have psychotic spiders stalking me.” He then said, “Not just one, I also brought my cousin BIG.” To which I said…”Big, doesn’t he have an actual name like you and Howie?” He replied, “No we just call him BIG on account of him being so BIG and all.” Then he proceeded to say this…”Now listen here pretty lady…the way I see it we got a score to settle…and since I can’t find the man with the yellow shirt smoking the cigars…you are gonna have to be the one to pay.” At that he reared his ugly head and lunged with all his might straight for my face…but I ducked…Shuweee! He then said…”Oh well better luck next time…me and BIG… we’ll be waitin’ and you never know when we will sneak up and surprise you.” Then he added for affect (I think he thought it would be cute or something)…”I’ll get you my pretty and…and…well since you don’t have a dog….I’ll just get you my pretty.”


With an imagination like that, I'm surprised Steph can sleep at night.

No comments: