Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Itsy Bitsy Spider on Steroids

There is a spider in the women's restroom at work.

I haven't seen it personally, but I have heard of its ferociousness from Stephanie and Denise. Stephanie swears it has doubled in size in one week and judging from Denise’s description it’s now at least as big as a large mouse. It has caused them quite a bit of excitement and heart palpitations recently.

I went in to hunt it down for them a couple of times, but haven’t bagged it yet. I would let one of the guys do it, but, ahem, it is the women’s restroom. I’m not afraid of most spiders and bugs, but I would like to catch this little bugger. I’m not looking forward to having him catch me with my pants down. Literally.



"Our egos tells us we're the only ones that have any kind of feelings. We're the only ones with a relationship. We're the only ones with family. You know, I think that if you kill a spider, there is a relationship that you're ruining. There's a conversation going on outside with the other spiders.
'Did you hear about Chris?....Killed yeah....Sneaker. And now Stephanie has nine hundred babies to raise all alone.
'Well, she's got her legs full I'll tell you that right now.
'Chris was so kind, wouldn't hurt a fly. It's just been tough for them lately. They just lost their web last week.
'Those humans think they're so smart. Let them try shooting silk out of their butt and see what they can make." ..... Ellen Degeneres

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard about the spider and how it had doubled in size in a weeks time. I wonder what the spider has been eating in the bathroom to cause him to double in size in just one week. =)

- Holly