Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Morning Woes

This morning before I went to work I played a game of Solitare with Julie. Not a good way to start a Monday morning.

Now don't get me wrong, I like spending time with Julie, but not playing Solitare on Monday morning.

I got to go first. I had 5 vowels, including 2 U's (no Q), but managed to make a word. Julie got a 7-letter word on her first play. And her second.

I had 6 vowels by the 3rd play but played well enough my score was in the double digits. Julie didn't play a 7-letter word the third time around. She placed only 6 letters on a triple word square.

I continued to have 5 - 6 vowels through the next 4 plays and I managed to hang on to 2 U's despite playing one. Somehow Julie managed to draw the lone remaining U to go with her Q. She then placed the Q on a triple letter square and the word on a double word square.

After a few more plays, I realized I had no vowels. I congratulated myself for playing two g's to form "egg" and make 10 points. Julie played off the last g on a triple word square and got 30 points.

Final score: Me 261, Julie 466.

When your imaginary friend beats you that badly, you know it's not gonna be a good day.

No comments: