Sunday, June 24, 2007

Alice

Did I tell you that I'm learning to program Alice? "What's Alice?" you reply, answering a question with a question.

Alice is a free software program from Carnegie-Mellon University that was created to introduce object oriented programming to beginners. Especially girls. I'm a girl. An old girl, but, nonetheless, a girl.

After the first class, I thought "I'm too old for this."

After the second class, I thought "Hey, I can do this and it's fun!" That was after I accidently beheaded my cow. The cow's body sunk into the ground and the head just stayed in space staring at me. I am so easily amused.

My second attempt was more successful - I built a barnyard with a cow, a horse, and some chickens. I had one of the chickens run around, clucking.

Can you believe an old lady made an animated short after only two lessons? That's how easy it is.

(Click on Alice's nose if you want to know more.)

1 comment:

Karl L. Gechlik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.