Friday, June 15, 2007

Nada, zip, zilch.

It's Friday morning and I don't have to go to work today. I can do whatever I want. Lounge around in my pajamas all morning. Go out for a leisurely lunch and shopping in the afternoon.

I know I have the next two days off work too, but having Friday off is just a little sweeter than Saturday when you always get Saturday.

I worked in hospitals off and on for about 20 years so I didn't automatically get every weekend off like I do now. I used to cram so much activity into a weekend. Now I just take them for granted and before I know it they're over and I haven't done a thing.

Nothing fun, nothing productive, nothing at all. Nada, zip, zilch.

I don't think it's due to lack of motivation. I blame it on the energy crisis. Before that, gas was cheap and I had energy.


No comments: