Monday, June 04, 2007

Make Your Bed

Does anybody know why pillow cases cost so much? They are made of the same material as the matching sheets, use about half the material as one flat sheet, yet cost twice as much as both the top and bottom twin size sheets. It's not that hard to sew one - there aren't any curves or darts or hand sewing. Sometimes there's some lace along the hem, but that's not difficult.

I mention this because I recently bought a pair of "hotel quality" pillowcases from Amazon.com for $8.00. That's not a bad price for even cheap cases, but for "hotel quality" that's great. I really don't know what "hotel quality" linens are. I never noticed that the hotels I've stayed in had especially high quality linens. It is a very high thread count, 1000 + something, so they should last forever.

Of course, at my age, forever isn't what it used to be.

No comments: