Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Courage of Your Convictions

Never lose your sense of outrage. There has to be in all of us a moral thermostat that flips when we are confronted by suffering, injustice, inequity, or callous behavior. — Paul Ylvisaker

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak outbecause I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me ....
--Pastor Niemöller

Hans W. Beecher, CEO of Deere Co said, “Never lose your capacity for indignation. Don’t compromise your sense of values, or allow yourself to become so consumed with your own life that you lose touch with the plight of others. ….Consider what passes for popular cultural today, the common events that have become common place in news papers today. It’s easy to lose our sense of outrage and become desensitized.”

Don't run. Sometimes you have to stand and fight.--Xena, Chariots of War

“It’s one thing to have a strong conviction and be passionate about something, but the question is do you have the COURAGE of your convictions?”....Sarah's Dad

And so on and so on.

No comments: