Saturday, July 29, 2006

I hab a cold

Did you miss me?

I just got back from LA where I went to give a presentation. The only souvenir I brought back with me was this cold. My nose alternates between runny and stuffy (meaning that sometimes one nostril is so stopped up that no oxygen can penetrate while the other one drips grossly, then they alternate), my throat is scratchy, my eyes burn, my left ear crackles and pops, and I have a pitiful cough that sounds fake. I think I feel worse than I look, but I know better than to ask because I'll just get the truth and I'm in no mood to be insulted.

I bought a nasal spray to help relieve my symptoms. The directions said to stick it up your nose, press the "easy to use" garden hose to dispense the medication, and breathe deeply. HELL-LO! If I could breathe deeply I wouldn't need to be using nasal spray, now would I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LA? Where is that? Lower Alabama, Lower Alaska, Los Angeles? A good cold remedy is soak in a tub of the very hot water then go to bed with plenty of covers. The high temp kills the virus.