Saturday, July 22, 2006

Remember when?

Remember when I said that So You Think You Can Dance was the best choice of the "reality" shows this season? I'm not the only one who thinks so. There were 4 or 5 "talent" shows on at the same time Wednesday night, and SYTYCD was watched by more viewers than any of the other shows.

By the way, the voters kicked off the guy with no buttons on his shirt and the girl named Martha.

Remember on July 3rd when I told you about meeting a former co-worker who had recently lost her job? Last week we learned that another unit with which we had worked very closely had been cut in half and more of our friends and co-workers had lost their jobs with no notice. I have heard CEOs of successful companies argue that there is never a good reason to treat employees that way, but it seems like that has become the norm.

Remember when I told you about the stupid conference calls with Bud and Stewie? I had another call last Wednesday. Bud was out of town and couldn't make it. I sent Stewie an email Tuesday asking if he was attending. He said he was. However, when we met, Stewie wasn't prepared so refused to discuss the project except to comment about all the work Bud had done. He said we'd discuss it next week when Bud is back. (In case you missed it, the only thing Bud has done on this project is to annoy and insult me. I was going to say that was more than Stewie had done, but actually Stewie has now managed to do both also. Just not as well.)

I'm only telling you part of this story. You wouldn't believe how much frustrating stupidity I'm omitting.

Next week I'm out of town. I really am, but even if I wasn't, I would be, if you know what I mean. I'm totally tired of trying to work with those worthless twits so I finished writing up the project and Monday it gets sent to all the managers & Bud & Stewie and I'm going to pretend it's a fait accompli. And Bud & Stewie can kiss my fat butt.

No comments: