Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A little change in the menu tonight....


Have you tried Birds Eye Steamfresh frozen vegetables yet? I know this is going to sound like a paid commercial, but it's not.

  1. There are 9 varieties (and I've tried at least 4).
  2. They come ready to cook with no cleaning, peeling, or chopping so there's no cleanup.
  3. They steam in their own bag so there's no pot to wash.
  4. They go from freezer to microwave to the table in under 10 minutes.
  5. They come out of the bag unbelievably crisp and colorful.

Tonight I had the Broccoli, Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas, & Water Chestnuts with rotini pasta and a two-cheese sauce with garlic . Ummmmmm! Tomorrow I'm going to add a little cheese to the pasta and vegetables, toss with a light horseradish dressing, and enjoy it for lunch.

They are a little more expensive than regular frozen or canned vegetables, but in my opinion they're worth it.

No comments: