Friday, March 16, 2007

For Her Eyes Only

I'm not a morning person. When I get out of bed in the morning, I don't turn on lights nor do I open my eyes any wider than necessary to avoid injury.

I'm still not feeling well. I have no energy or ambition. I haven't done laundry for over a week.

Those statements may not seem related, but they are germane to the following story.

This morning when I was getting dressed I reached in the bottom of my lingere drawer and pulled out a brasserie. I sat on the bed squinting at it for several minutes wondering why the cups were in the back before I realized it fastened in the front. I put it on and struggled with the hooks. One would think it would be much simpler than the regular hook-in-the-back style, but one would be wrong.

Firstly, there are about three times as many hooks.

Secondly, if you get the wrong hook in the wrong eye, you have to start all over again and re-hook it till the hooks and eyes come out even.

When I got it hooked correctly, I thought the cups fit nicely, but the back was riding up so I reached to adjust the straps.

Firstly, can anybody tell me why bra manufacturers would be so mischievious as to put the strap adjusters in the back for a bra that fastens in the front? Does that seem illogical to you?

Secondly, the straps were the so-called "comfort straps" which are not. They never are.

Without opening my eyes, I pulled the contraption over my head without touching the hooks, and dropped kicked it across the room.

If I had to struggle with one of these things in the morning, I'd never get out of bed.

No comments: