Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Time on My Hands

I went shopping at the bookstore Saturday morning. The 1/2 Price Bookstore. I wanted to stock up on some paperbacks to read since TV stinks presently and promises to only get worse during the summer.

I bought one novel and I read it Sunday afternoon. I also got some used tapes that I'll enjoy at my leisure. Or not. You can't expect a whole lot from $1 movies, but I got Bogart & Hepburn in The African Queen so I got my money's worth.

I bought a book about tea parties that was mostly recipes, but still made interesting reading (and I gained 5 pounds just reading the recipes for cakes and cookies and scones that go well with a pot of tea.)

I found another cookbook (Easy Basics) that I wanted, but decided it was a little high for a used book and I'd check it out with my on-line book stores. Today I found it listed at Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com, but it is out of print. The book got rave reviews and everybody said that were ticked that you couldn't buy it new anymore because their's is worn out. It probably won't be there when I go back.

Right now, I have to go watch TV. There are at least 3 programs and I want to see - all at the same time. Next hour there probably won't be 5 minutes, but so it goes.

No comments: