Friday, March 09, 2007

In My Felt Fedora

I think I should change the name of this blog to "I still don't feel well." On top of the fatigue and malaise, my ears are still plugged from the plane trip a few weeks ago.

I realize that if I can't find a way to fly without the residual problems, I won't be able to do the research for the series of books I was planning, Midnight in Moscow, Midnight in Madrid, Midnight in Milan, etc. I will be stuck with writing about places I can drive to.

I have nothing against traveling to midwest cities, but honestly, does she look like someone you'd meet at Midnight in Muncie? What about Eight O'clock in Evansville or Four O'clock in Fort Wayne? Three O'Clock in Terre Haute?

Those name just don't have the same allure or conjure up images of sexy spies, whispered clues, mysterious shadows as remote, romantic European locales.


Hmmm. How do you look in an Indiana Jones fedora? Feel like taking a trip and staying up past your bedtime?

No comments: