Wednesday, October 11, 2006

On the road with Edward Hopper

Saturday, I ordered books & CD's from Barnes & Noble for my birthday (yesterday). As usual, I tracked the packages on the B&N and UPS websites. Sometimes it is fascinating to watch where my books go before they come home to me, but this order was fairly routine.

I ordered all the stuff from one website, yet they were shipped from three different warehouses. I received an email telling me one item wasn't available but would be shipped as soon as possible. The next day, a follow-up email notified me it was sent.

One package (with most of the stuff) was misdirected by UPS and won't arrive till Thursday. Two items came today - one was a CD of Christmas music (Burl Ives classics - I told you I was a nerd) and one was a book (The American Imagination) of Edward Hopper paintings with poems & literary works about the pictures. I thought the writings would be intertwined with the paintings, but they are in different sections with all the pictures in the back of the book.

I was telling you about tracking the packages because I checked the website this morning and my package hit the road here in town about 7:30 AM. It arrived after 5. What the heck was it doing all day?

No comments: