Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday morning

When I awoke Sunday morning, I opened one eye and peered at the clock. I couldn't read it, but judging by the gray light peeking through the blinds in the window it was still early. I closed my eye and tried to decide if I could go back to sleep or if I had to get up and make the morning trek to the bathroom. I hadn't gone to bed till almost four so I didn't want to leave it any earlier than necessary.

I opened the other eye and tried to focus on the clock again. 8:13? I closed my eye and considered it for awhile. Gray light, no sun. Couldn't be 8:13.

I squinted at the clock with both eyes. 8:15? That woke me enough to get both feet on the floor so I could stumble into the kitchen to look at another clock. 8:15! I separated two slats on the blinds and squinted at the morning weather in the front yard.

Everything was gray and dreary looking. Not a sign of the sun. By 8 o'clock the sun should be up and working. I don't expect it to be shining brightly, but it should at least try.

I went back to bed. If the sun don't work, neither do I.

No comments: